Crystal Grids - What are they and how to use them.
Crystal grids are an ancient method of arranging crystals in a specific way to amplify intentions of a manifestation, healing, protection, abundance, connection to guides and endless possibilities. It is essentially a method to combine crystals in a specific way to amplify a desired outcome. With crystal grids you are able to use the combined energies of all the crystals in the grid in addition to using sacred symbols and geometry to further enhance the grid.
A crystal grid is similar to manifestation in the sense that to seal the process you have to to actually put in the work. The energy we put in is the energy that we will get back. When setting up a grid, always remember that the universe will not provide you with things that you have not earned or that are not meant for you.
Like all crystal work, it is best to use intuition when setting up the grid, choosing crystals, and selecting the placing of geometry and symbols for the grid. To create accurate geometry you can use a trace of the desired shape so that each crystal can be accurately placed. It is also helpful to include different earth elements like air, water, earth, and fire. For air you can use a feather. For water either a cup of water or a water crystal like aquamarine. For earth the crystals work, or add some sand, flowers, or leaves. For fire you can have candles that you light every time you meditate in front of the grid.
You can set up your grid at any time. However the best times to set it up are during days of high energy like full moons, new moons, eclipses, and during specific planetary alignments. These times will work to amplify the energy of the grid. It is recommended to leave it up for at least 48 hours or until the desired outcome results. For best results leave it up for at least one full moon cycle.
Typically the crystals chosen would be ones that align with the intention set for the desired outcome. Clear Quartz is a staple because it will work to amplify the grid. When selecting and placing the crystals give each one a purpose and intention while setting them. For example:
- Healing crystals: Malachite, Howlite, Rose Quartz, Tourmaline, Agate.
- Abundance crystals: Tiger Eye, Pyrite, Jade, Green Aventurine, Lapis Lazuli.
- Protection crystals: Black Tourmaline, Hematite, Obsidian, Black Onyx, Smoky Quartz.
- Divine Guidance: Angelite, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Rutilated Quartz, Fluorite.
What you will need is:
- A safe space for your grid, it could be you altar for the time being
- Pen and paper to write down your intention
- A center crystal that has a point directed straight up to push your intention to the cosmos
- A group of intuitively selected crystals
- A quartz point or an activation wand to activate the grid once it is set up
- If you want a geometric placement then get a print out of the shape you desire
Steps to set up:
- First is to decide the intention for the grid and the desired outcome that will go under the centerpiece. This can be in writing, or it can be a photo of a person, or even a vision board for manifestation. Be sure that you are not doing this with ill intent and that the manifestation is consensual.
- Select all the crystals that you want to use for the grid. It is always best to go with intuition because the soul always knows. However it is helpful to have a basic knowledge on which crystals to use to best manifest the desired outcome.
- Cleanse! Be sure to cleanse and clear all the crystals that will be used for the grid as well as the space that you have chosen for the grid. Use a smudge stick or refer to the article on how to cleanse crystals.
- Now that you are all ready to set the grid, light some incense or candles, you can play some music or chants. Place your intention in the middle of the grid. Begin to set the crystals down from the outside inwards. Give every crystal you set down a task. For example when you set down a clear quartz say “I ask you to amplify this grid for me.” When setting down a Labradorite you can say “I ask you to shield and amplify this manifestation.” The last piece to go down should be the centerpiece. Although not required you can place a petrified wood plate under the center crystal so that the grid can draw energy from the Earth as well as direct energy to the cosmos. (If it feels right to you to start from the middle then by all means, follow your intuition.)
- The final step is to activate the grid. This is best done using a quartz point. If available use a copper wand with a quartz tip, if not any quartz point would work. Tap the point to the center crystal then work outwards to connect every crystal to one another linking all back to the center crystal from the other side. While doing this visualize a light being drawn to each crystal as you connect them.
Now that your grid is set up and activated, sit with it for a mediation session while visualizing your desired outcome. Give thanks to the grid every time you set your eyes upon it and try to meditate with it every day. Now be aware, not all crystal grids will work especially when you are manifesting from a place of want/lack. If the grid is to manifest an opening of a business, leave the grid set up until the business has opened even if it takes a year. For long term girds be sure to cleanse their space and clean the crystals from any dirt or dust.
You can use the link below for free geometry templates to amplify your grid: